Creating a drop down list in MS Excel
- Enter the following data into cells:
A1 - Gingerbread
A2 - Lemon
A3 - Oatmeal Raisin
A4 - Chocolate Chip
D2 - Cookie Type:
- Click on cell E2 - the location where the results will be displayed.
- Click on the Data tab.
- Click on the Data Validation option from the ribbon to open the menu.
- Click on the Data Validation in the menu to bring up the dialog box.
- Click on Settings tab in the dialog box.
- From the Allow menu choose List.
- Click on the Source line in the dialog box.
- Drag to select cells A1 - A4 in the spreadsheet.
- Click OK in the dialog box.
- A down arrow should appear next to cell E2.
- When you click on the arrow the drop down list should open to display the four cookie names. --- Collected from Internet.